Cisco 1800 Series integrated services routers are the next evolution of the award-winning Cisco 1700 Series modular and fixed-configuration routers. The Cisco 1801, 1802, 1803, 1811, and 1812 integrated services routers (Figure 1) are fixed-configuration, while the Cisco 1841 Integrated Services Router is modular. The routers are designed for secure broadband, Metro Ethernet, and wireless connectivity, and provide significant performance improvements, feature capability, versatility, and additional value compared to prior generations of Cisco 1700 Series. The Cisco 1800 Series fixed-configuration routers provide:
• Secure broadband access with concurrent services for branch and small offices
• Integrated ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI), analog modem, or Ethernet backup port for redundant WAN links and load balancing
• Secure wireless LAN for simultaneous 802.11a and 802.11b/g operation with use of multiple antennas
• Advanced security including:
– Sophisticated Firewall features including Application Inspection, Transparent and Stateful Firewall
– SSL and IP Security (IPSec) VPNs (Triple Data Encryption Standard [3DES] or Advanced Encryption Standard [AES])
– Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
– Antivirus support through Network Admission Control (NAC) and enforcement of secure access policies
• 8-port 10/100 managed switch with VLAN support and optional Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Easy deployment and remote-management capabilities through Web-based tools and Cisco IOS® Software
Cisco 1801, 1802, and 1803 routers provide high-speed DSL broadband access through asymmetric DSL (ADSL2/2+ Annex A and Annex M) over basic telephone service (Cisco 1801), ADSL2/2+ Annex B over ISDN (Cisco 1802), or Symmetrical High-Data-Rate DSL (G.SHDSL) (Cisco 1803) while helping to ensure reliable networking with integrated ISDN S/T BRI backup. The Cisco 1811 and 1812 provide high-speed broadband or Ethernet access through two 10/100BASE-T Fast Ethernet WAN ports and also provide integrated WAN backup through a V.92 analog modem (Cisco 1811) or ISDN S/T BRI interface (Cisco 1812).
The Cisco 1800 Series fixed-configuration routers help enable a network infrastructure for SMBs and enterprise small branch offices, providing access to the Internet, corporate headquarters, or other remote offices, while securing and protecting critical data with integrated Cisco IOS Software security features and capabilities. They also help businesses reduce costs by enabling deployment of a single device to provide multiple services (integrated router with redundant link, LAN switch, firewall, VPN, IPS, wireless technology, and quality of service [QoS]) typically performed by separate devices. Cisco IOS Software allows this flexibility, providing the industry’s most robust, scalable, and feature-rich internetworking support, using the accepted standard networking software for the Internet and private WANs.